Followers: Thank You All

Monday, February 23

Oscar 2009 Winners

The 81st annual Academy Awards
.
Best Picture
"Slumdog Millionaire"
.
Best Director

Danny Boyle, for "Slumdog Millionaire"
.

Best Actor: Sean Penn, for "Milk"

“For those who saw the signs of hatred as our cars drove in tonight, I think that it is a good time for those who voted for the ban against gay marriage to sit and reflect and anticipate their great shame, and the shame in their grandchildren’s eyes if they continue that way of support".

"We’ve got to have equal rights for everyone!”

.Best Screenwritter: Dustin Lance Black

Dustin "Lance" Black (born 1974) is an Academy Award-winning American screenwriter, director, film and television producer, and gay activist best known for his work on the television series Big Love and the 2008 film Milk.

“I want to thank my mom who has always loved me for who I am,” Black said, “even when there was pressure not to. But most of all, if Harvey had not been taken from us 30 years ago, I think he’d want me to say to all of the gay and lesbian kids out there tonight who have been told that they are less than by their churches or by the government or by their families that you are beautiful, wonderful creatures of value and that no matter what anyone tells you, God does love you and that very soon, I promise you, you will have equal rights, federally, across this great nation of ours.”
.

Best Actress: Kate Winslet, for "The Reader"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin